Monday, April 20, 2009

Emo Music and YOU!


So I seem to be in a big 'emo music' phase right now.... Not sure why (perhaps something to do with the previous post.... *tugs collar*) but meh, I'm enjoying it.

It's not the depressing lyrics that do it for me (hilarious, they may be) but I love the beats and rhythms of it all. It's so syncopated and complexly interwound... it rocks!

Ashes Divide, Paramore, Karnivool (not really emo, just heavy prog), Kasabian (also prog), Flyleaf (in moderation) Jose Gonzalez, Sufjan Stevens, Cog,  (both more depressinng than emo) etc etc. I'll update this when im at home...

2 comments:

  1. My favourite emo album (I find it very relaxing) is Epicure's Main Street. So amazingly amazing.

    I'll err.. send you a link for a perfectly legitimate purchase.. sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that Paramore was emo. But your "tips" are well appreciated, thank you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete